Deze retro blog gaat over alles wat in het wereldje van mezelf, Miss Poppy, belangrijk is. Je kunt hem verder volgen op http://misspoppysworld.blogspot.be
Ten tips to straighten out your vintage / retro wardrobe
- If you did not wear the garment last year, trow it out. It' s clear, you do not connect with this garment.
- Look what you need and what you already have, if there are already 3 black cardigans in your closet, then do not invest in another one (even if he's so adorable)
- Invest in basic pieces: classic black dress, white blouse, ballerina flats ...
- Buy the right size, do not buy clothing for when you will lose those extra pounds. Moreover no one likes to wear clothes that are to small.
- Put outfits together with what you already have, so you can see what you still miss in your wardrobe
- Invest in accessories, they are a relatively inexpensive way to pimp your outfit and they remain faithful through thick and thin (haha, do you get him?)
- Do not be convinced to buy something because it is in sale. If you are not going to wear it, it is a bad investment anyway.
- Invest in shoes: classic black pumps, easy step shoes, summer sandals ...
- Mix retro and vintage, it does not all have to be new and expensive. Some things like handbags become more beautiful with time.
- Leave some room for drama: a little fake-fur, an exotic dress, a showy pair of earrings, bright colors ... It should not all be perfect and so serious.
If you find that you still have a few pieces too short? Then go take a look at the webshop for inspiration.